SACBC AIDS OFFICE 2008
Section One: ARV PROGRAM
1. Major Objectives for 2008
- Reaching a target number of 20 120 patients on ART by the end of February 2009.
- Increasing the number of children on ART to at least 10% of the total.
- Screening all patients for TB.
- Putting all patients on cotrimoxazole prophylaxis before initiating treatment.
- Increasing the number of men on treatment.
- Accreditation of sites by the SA Department of Health, to enable them to be provided with free ARV drugs and laboratory tests by the SA government in the future.
- Transfer of patients to the government ARV program.